100 questions nobody asks

Back in 2015, when ask.fm still was a thing, I was tagged to answer 100 questions nobody asks. My original answers can be found here. However, time sure flew by and I decided to answer them again, this time using a slightly different list which actually contains 100 questions this time. Also, this post is probably the longest I ever made, so that’s a thing.
So if you’d like to get to know me a little bit more, keep on reading!

1. Do you sleep with your closet doors open or closed?
Fun fact - I don’t have a closet in my dorm. I use a system of drawers to store my clothing since I don’t own anything which needs to be hung up - and if I did, I’d probably just stuff it into a drawer anyways. To come back to the question: My drawers are always closed.

2. Do you take the shampoos and conditioner bottles from hotels?
No, simply because I don’t use them. I prefer using my own products since I know those won’t cause allergic reactions.

3. Do you sleep with your sheets tucked in or out?
I feel like tucking your sheets in is a rather american thing - I’ve never seen it anywhere around here. My sheets are tucked out.

4. Have you stolen a street sign before?
I haven’t and I also don’t plan on doing so.

5. Do you like to use post-it notes?
When I was in school, I used them to write vocabulary on and put them all over the flat. Now, I just use them occasionally for notes I don’t want to put into my bullet journal. They do come in handy every now and then.

6. Do you cut out coupons but then never use them?
I do sometimes use coupons (my local drugstore does mail me some every now and then - I usually get tissues or nail polish or something like that for free if I bring them back), but I don’t cut them out if I’m not going to use them. Generally speaking - if I plan on using a coupon, I cut it right before I go shopping.


7. Would you rather be attacked by a big bear or a swarm of bees?
I experience rather unpleasant allergic reactions to bee stings. Also, most aggressive bears can be scared away by making noise, using bear spray or other deterrents, and leaving slowly. So I think I’ll choose the bear.

8. Do you have freckles?
Unfortunately, I only get a very few freckles during summertime. I wish I had more.

9. Do you always smile for pictures?
That depends on the reason the photo was taken for. Generally speaking, I try to look nice on photos - and every now and then, that includes a smile

10. What is your biggest pet peeve?
People touching my belongings without asking. Recently, a friend stayed at ours for a couple of days and due to the lack of a guest room, he slept in my work area, which, to me, was fine. Once he left, I saw that he had moved many things around (just a slight bit), and that he apparently was digging through my notes, notebooks and letters. I’m still mad at him, even though he just wanted to make room on the desk for his stuff.

11. Do you ever count your steps when you walk?
I occasionally do so, mostly, when I’m climbing up longer stairs. It’s more of a subconscious thing, I mostly don’t even notice it. I just sometimes happen to end up with a number in my head at the end of the stairs.

12. Have you peed in the woods?
When I was a kid, we did a lot of hiking, mostly long tours through nothing but nature. I don’t remember something along those lines to have happened, but I can’t say I didn’t.

13. Have you ever pooped in the woods?
Not that I would know. Also, the thought of people actually doing so does gross me out a little bit.

14. Do you ever dance even if there’s no music playing?
Dancing was part of our PE lessons in my last year of school. We had to create our very own hip hop inspired dance to go along with a song we chose. We did do quite a lot of dancing without music, just because the song was going on our nerves after some time.
I’m not much of a dancer in my free time, but I might hop around when I’m in a good mood. I picked up that habit when I spent a lot of time with one of my friends who used to dance all the time.

15. Do you chew your pens and pencils?
No. And if you borrow a pen of mine and give it back with chewing marks on it, I’ll make you get me a new one. I think we just encountered another pet peeve of mine.

16. How many people have you slept with this week?
Might I just ask - what kind of question is this?

17. What size is your bed?
I am pretty sure my mattress is a Standard single one - I think that’s what they’re called. 35x75 in.

18. What is your song of the week?
Music is my passion, and I can never decide on one song. So here’s some instead.
Riptide - Vance Joy
Holes - Layla
Sharp Edges - Linkin Park
Nobody Can Save Me Now - Linkin Park
Thoughts On Fire - Stripped Down - Ria Mae
One For The Road - Dodie
Freckles And Constellations - Dodie
The Traveling Song - will.i.am

19. Is it OK for guys to wear pink?
What is this world if not an accumulation of social constructs? Who says we can’t follow our passions and dreams, as long as they’re not hurting anyone? Why can’t we just be ourselves and embrace the characters and personalities we hold deep within us?
Social constructs are nothing but a cage, and all that is wanted is normality. But what is normality? If everyone was normal, wouldn’t everything be boring and grey? Aren’t our different characters and personalities the colours of this world?
To me, everyone should be doing what they please to do, as long as it’s not harming anyone. And I really don’t see in which way wearing pink could hurt someone or cut their rights in any way. Our freedom can’t be limited by people being different than we are.
It definitely is okay for everyone to wear pink. Why shouldn’t it be? In the end, our clothing represents a part of our personality, and that part shouldn’t be forbidden. I don’t understand how people can still be convinced that certain groups of people shouldn’t wear something.
Wear whatever you want, it’s your choice. And you shouldn’t let yourself down just because other people would make different decisions. We’re all unique, and we shouldn’t let society force us to change as long as who we are isn’t hurting anyone.
Today everyone is offended by everything. Try to see the great in people, it’s worth it. It doesn’t matter what someone wears or if you would wear the same thing - what matters is the personality and character a person has.
Sorry for the rant.

20. Do you still watch cartoons?
Who would I be today without the Penguins of Madagascar?

21. What is your least favorite movie?
I don’t really keep track of things I don’t like. I could name tons and tons of good movies, but I don’t really remember any bad ones. If I don’t like it, I don’t bother remembering the title.

22. Where would you bury hidden treasure if you had some?
Probably in a vault in a cellar, behind a hidden door or something. Or I’d just hide it in front of everyone’s eyes. Nobody really sees what’s in front of them if they’re expecting it to be hidden.
23. What do you drink with dinner?
Either fruit juice with carbonated water, some sort of soft drink or tea. I love tea.

24. What sauce do you dip a chicken nugget in?
Sweet ‘n sour sauce, or no sauce at all, actually. Apart from that, I’m not a massive fan of nuggets.

25. What is your favorite food?
Noodles with salmon and white sauce with dill. 10/10 would eat every day. Apart from that, I really do like asparagus and leek.

26. What movies could you watch over and over again and still love?
Every movie out of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, especially the Guardians of the Galaxy ones. Not just because of Chris Pratt and Karen Gillan. However, I’m more into series’ than I am into movies. I’m a massive fan of Doctor Who. Also on my watch list you’ll find Supernatural, Sherlock, NCIS, The Mentalist and The Penguins of Madagascar. Which brings me back to movies - I’ve also seen the Penguins movie a couple of times, and I still love it.

27. Last person you kissed/kissed you?
My boyfriend, before he went to bed.

28. Were you ever a boy/girl scout?
I always wanted to be one when I was younger, but it wasn’t much of a thing around here, so I got violin lessons instead.

29. Would you ever strip or pose nude in a magazine?
No.

30. When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper?
I actually hand write every single birthday and christmas card I give to people. The last one must’ve been for my Mum’s birthday in March.

31. Can you change the oil on a car?
My uncle has a car service, and he taught me a lot when I was younger. I know how to fix basic issues concerning cars, including changing the oil.

32. Ever gotten a speeding ticket?
Since I don’t have a driver’s licence I don’t know how that should’ve been supposed to work.

33. Ever ran out of gas?
Gas as in petrol? Still can’t drive. Gas as in fuel for heating and cooking? I don’t think so.

34. What’s your favorite kind of sandwich?
Do you know what the Fitz sandwich is? That one. Thank you Marvel for sharing a great sandwich recipe with the world.
Also, white bread with cream cheese, cheddar, boiled ham and lettuce does make a nice sandwich.

35. Best thing to eat for breakfast?
I like both the continental and the british breakfast. Freshly baked bread with salted butter and a soft-boiled egg is definitely a favourite.

36. What is your usual bedtime?
Around 11PM.

37. Are you lazy?
It always takes me some time to actually start doing something, but once I’ve committed to doing something I usually try to get it done as soon as I can.

38. When you were a kid, what did you dress up as for Halloween?
I mostly went as a witch, but some years I believe I was a cat.

39. What is your Chinese astrological sign?
I’m an ox, I think.

40. How many languages can you speak?
I can speak English and German fluently, I know basic French and do understand bits of Polish. This summer I want to get into Spanish.

41. What magazines do you read?
I’m not a massive fan of magazines, I prefer books.

42. Which are better: legos or lincoln logs?
I actually had to google what lincoln logs are. So I’d say legos?

43. Are you stubborn?
I can be stubborn, but I also like compromises.

44. Who is better: Leno or Letterman?
This seems to have something to do with “The Late Show” which I never watched, so I can’t really say anything about it.

45. Ever watch soap operas?
Not much into those, no.

46. Are you afraid of heights?
I’m afraid of falling. Heights aren’t a problem as long as I know that I can’t fall down.

47. Do you sing in the car?
Depends on who I’m driving with, but I like singing along.

48. Do you sing in the shower?
I did for quite some time, until the neighbours told me they like my singing better when I play the piano along it, so I kind of stopped.

49. Do you dance in the car?
Two years and I still haven’t figured out how one can dance in a car.

50. Ever used a gun?
I did use a blank gun once, but that’s about it.

51. Last time you got a portrait taken by a photographer?
I had to get photos for my passport in April 2015. Apart from that, I was on a couple of group photos which were taken by a photographer in the spring of 2017.

52. Do you think musicals are cheesy?
I don’t really watch musicals, but the ones I’ve seen so far were great. Apart from that, I also took part in a musical for school once, which was an amazing experience, even though I didn’t have a lead role.

53. Is Christmas stressful?
Even though I do almost all of the cooking and baking in our household around christmas I wouldn’t say that it’s stressful. I love cooking and baking, and I love christmas in general. It just always makes me happy.

54. Ever eat a pierogi?
Yes, but I like pelmeni better.

55. Favorite type of fruit pie?
Mixed berries, or apple. Especially with cinnamon. Can’t say no to apple pie with cinnamon.

56. Occupations you wanted to be when you were a kid?
I wanted to be a nurse or a teacher, or a policeman. Then I wanted to be an author or a singer. Now I just want to be able to be creative in whatever job I’ll find.

57. Do you believe in ghosts?
No, not really.

58. Ever have a Deja-vu feeling?
It happens to us all at times, when something triggers memory we can’t really think of. A nice feeling, but goes away if you shake your head.

59. Do you take a vitamin daily?
I don’t take any vitamin pills or anything like that. If I do, I don’t keep track of it.

60. Do you wear slippers?
No, I prefer cozy socks.

61. Do you wear a bath robe?
I own one, but I never really wear it. I like huge towels.

62. What do you wear to bed?
An old t-shirt paired with some shorts. Not a massive fan of matching PJ’s.

63. What was your first concert?
The first I gave was when I was in 3rd grade. I played the flute and messed up big time, but nobody noticed it since I covered it up and improvised.
The first I went to was an opera for kids in, I think, 2001. The first “real” concert I went to was in 2008, I believe. I think it was David Garrett.

64. Walmart, Target, or Kmart?
Tesco?

65. Nike or Adidas?
Adidas.

66. Cheetos or Fritos?
Cheetos, but my favourites actually are wotsits.

67. Peanuts or Sunflower seeds?
Peanuts.

68. Ever hear of the group Tres Bien?
No.

69. Ever take dance lessons?
Dancing was part of our PE course we took in the final year of school, but apart from that, I didn’t take any dance lessons.

70. Is there a profession you picture your future spouse doing?
As long as it makes them happy, my future spouse can do whatever floats their boat.

71. Can you curl your tongue?
Yes, I can.

72. Ever won a spelling bee?
I never participated in one, so no.

73. Have you ever cried because you were so happy?
I’m more of a “stupidly smiling until my cheeks hurt” type of person when I’m happy.

74. Own any record albums?
My mum owns a few, but I was never really into record albums.

75. Own a record player?
We have one in the living room, and one in the cellar. Neither of them belong to me.

76. Do you regularly burn incense?
Not regularly, but sometimes. Occasionally, you could say.

77. Ever been in love?
Since I am in a relationship since 2014, you could say so.

78. Who would you like to see in concert?
Emma Blackery and Dodie Clark. Also, Linkin Park.

79. What was the last concert you saw?
It was a classical one, organised by some music students.

80. Hot tea or cold tea?
Hot tea. As in, warm tea. It’s not supposed to burn me, but I don’t like my tea cold. I’m difficult when it comes to tea.

81. Tea or coffee?
Tea. Definitely tea. My favourites are berry teas, and apple cinnamon tea. There’s a theme going on here.

82. Sugar cookies or snickerdoodles?
Snickerdoodles.

83. Can you swim well?
I can swim, in oceans as well as in pools, but I struggle with swimming on the surface of the water. What I do is more like diving than like swimming.

84. Can you hold your breath without holding your nose?
Yes.

85. Are you patient?
Generally speaking yes.

86. DJ or band at a wedding?
I’d like to have very many different styles of music at my wedding, ranging from calm and romantic songs to things that make everyone happy and wanting to dance, so I’d go with a DJ. Unless Linkin Park decides to play at my wedding, then it’s definitely Linkin Park.

87. Ever won a contest?
I never participated in any contest.

88. Have you ever had plastic surgery?
No, and I don’t think I ever will.

89. Which are better: black or green olives?
Black olives.

90. Can you knit or crochet?
I can, but the outcome never looks pretty,

91. Best room for a fireplace?
The living room, or a rustic looking kitchen.

92. Do you want to get married?
One day, yes.

93. If married, how long have you been married?
-

94. Who was your high school crush?
He was a friend of mine, but unfortunately we don’t talk anymore. The friendship we had was one of the most beautiful ones I ever experienced, but I guess it wasn’t meant to last.

95. Do you cry and throw a fit until you get your own way?
I’m not that type of person. I like discussions which lead to compromises.

96. Do you have kids?
No.

97. Do you want kids?
I don’t really know yet.

98. What is your favorite color?
Is black a colour or just a shade? I love black, and lately, I’ve been into yellow. Sunny yellow. #fdf940 if you were looking for a hex code.

99. Do you miss anyone right now?
I miss friends I used to talk to years ago, two in particular. Even though 2013 was one of the worst years in my life, it also was one of the best ones. I met awesome people, and I wish they were around today. I miss those times.

100. Who are you going to tag to do this tag next?
Each and everyone who’s reading this! If you do answer these questions as well, be sure to link your answers in the comment section down below so that I can read them!


Comments